Are you looking for ideas for fun things to do in Las Vegas that don’t involve gambling? Sin City has so much more to offer than casino’s and nightclubs. Check out my list of 100 things to do in Las Vegas and start planning your next trip!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using my links.
Featured Image via Flickr CC
I’ve had to split this post into 4 because it was so big it wouldn’t load! Just click the next page button when you get to the bottom or use the buttons above.
100 things to do in Las Vegas that don’t involve gambling!
- 100 things to do in Las Vegas that don’t involve gambling!
- Part 1: Things to do on the strip
- Attractions & Shows
- 1) Visit the ‘Welcome to Las Vegas’ Sign
- 2) Watch the Bellagio Fountain Show
- 3) Ride a Gondola at the Venetian
- 4) Watch a Cirque Du Soleil Show
- 5) Climb the Eiffel Tower
- 6) Ride the High Roller Observation Wheel
- 7) Bodies – The Exhibition at Luxor
- 8) Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage
- 9) Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition at Luxor
- 10) Watch an Indoor Rainstorm at Miracle Mile
- 11) Visit the Bellagio Chocolate Fountain
- 12) Watch the Fall of Atlantis show at Ceasars Forum shops
- 13) See David Copperfield at the MGM Grand
- 14) Visit the Conservatory & Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio
- 15) Relax on Mandalay Bay Beach
- 16) Watch the Blue Man Group at the Luxor
- 17) Play golf at Bali Hai Golf Club
- 18) Take a Helicopter Ride over the Strip
- 19) Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
- 20) Tournament of Kings Dinner Show at Excalibur
- 21) Take a selfie with a Pyramid, a Castle, the New York skyline and the Eiffel Tower
- 22) Play the Sigma Derby at MGM Grand
- 23) Visit the Flamingo Wildlife Habitat
- 24) Watch a Volcano Erupt at The Mirage
- 25) Rub Shoulders with the Stars at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas
- Attractions & Shows
Part 1: Things to do on the strip
Attractions & Shows
1) Visit the ‘Welcome to Las Vegas’ Sign
Where else would you start your sightseeing tour or Las Vegas? Located on Las Vegas Boulevard South you can walk from Mandalay Bay (take water!) or if you are short on time, just grab a taxi.
2) Watch the Bellagio Fountain Show
Located right out front of the Bellagio Hotel, you can’t miss it this amazing fountain show. Best of all its completely FREE.
Weekdays 3pm – 8 pm every 30 minutes, 8pm – 12am every 15 minutes.
Saturdays & holidays 12pm – 8pm every 30 minutes, 8pm – 12am every 15 minutes.
Sundays 11am – 7pm every 30 minutes, 7pm – 12 am every 15 minutes.
3) Ride a Gondola at the Venetian
Float along the Grand Canal in an authentic Venetian Gondola. You can choose to ride either inside or outside, both offer a fantastically unique experience.
Shared Gondola (Seats Four): $29.00 per person
Private Gondola (For Two): $116.00
Indoor: Sunday – Thursday: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm | Friday – Saturday: 10:00 am – 12:00 am
Outdoor : Daily: 11:00 am – 10:00 pm
4) Watch a Cirque Du Soleil Show
There are 7 amazing shows in Las Vegas, so something for everyone!
- KA at MGM
- Michael Jackson One at Mandalay Bay
- Mystère at Treasure Island
- O at the Bellagio
- The Beatles LOVE at The Mirage
- Zumanity at New York New York
- Criss Angel Mindfreak at Luxor
5) Climb the Eiffel Tower
The Eiffel Tower at Paris las Vegas is a half scale, 541-foot (165 m) tall replica of the Eiffel Tower in Paris France. Ride the glass elevator to the top to enjoy stunning views of the Las Vegas skyline.
Day 10am – 5pm: $16 per person
Evening 5pm – 1am: $22 per person
6) Ride the High Roller Observation Wheel
Take a ride on the worlds tallest observation wheel, standing at 550ft above the strip. One revolution takes 30 minutes so sit back and enjoy the views.
Day: $25 per person
Night: $37 per person
Book online to save!
7) Bodies – The Exhibition at Luxor
Do you want to see some beautifully preserved real human bodies? Then this exhibition is for you! Bodies showcases both full-bodies and organs, providing a detailed, three-dimensional view of the human form.
Daily 10am – 10 pm
General admission: $32 per person
8) Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage
The Secret Garden and Dolphin habitat is home to Bottlenose Dolphins, White Tigers, White Lions and Leopards. Spend some down time with nature’s most exotic and majestic creatures at the Mirage hotel.
Daily: 10am – 5pm
9) Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition at Luxor
An educational and entertaining experience, this exhibition features over 250 authentic artifacts recovered from the wreck site of Titanic as well as recreations of some of the most famous rooms on the ship.
Daily 10am – 10 pm
General admission: $32 per person
10) Watch an Indoor Rainstorm at Miracle Mile
Excitement pours down at Miracle Mile Shops during the indoor rainstorm, featuring thunder, lightning, fog and pouring rain.
Mon – Thurs: Every hour 10am – 11pm
Fri – Sun: Every half hour 10am – 11pm
11) Visit the Bellagio Chocolate Fountain
The world tallest chocolate fountain is located within the Jean Philippe Patisserie in the Spa Tower at the Bellagio. The fountain runs floor-to-ceiling behind glass (unfortunately you can’t dip your finger in!) and is a beautiful work of art.
Mon – Thurs: 6am – 11pm
Fri – Sun: 6am – 12am
12) Watch the Fall of Atlantis show at Ceasars Forum shops
Yet another free show, catch The Fall of Atlantis inside the Forum Shops at Caesars. An amazing animatronic display of fire, water and nine-foot-tall talking statues. The story is set in the kingdom of Atlantis, when King Atlas has to decide which of his bratty kids will rule the throne.
Sun – Thurs: Every hour 11am – 10pm
Fri – Sat: Every hour 11am – 11pm
13) See David Copperfield at the MGM Grand
Don’t miss a chance to see the greatest illusionist of our time. David Copperfield continues to confound and delight audiences with his unbelievable illusions and charming stories.
Nightly: 7pm & 9.30pm
Saturday matinee: 4pm
14) Visit the Conservatory & Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio
Each season, the enormously talented horticulturalists and designers who make up the Bellagio Conservatory team transform this 14,000-square-foot floral playground into a showcase of the distinctive sights and colors of spring, summer, fall and winter—along with a special display for Chinese New Year.
15) Relax on Mandalay Bay Beach
Voted by Trip Advisor as one of the best pools in the U.S. Mandalay Bay’s world-famous aquatic playground features 2,700 tons of real sand and a 1.6 million gallon wave pool. If you’ve had enough of the beach, or just not a fan of sand, there is even a lazy river you can float along!
The Lagoon is open only to registered guests of Mandalay Bay or Delano Las Vegas; however, a non-guest can have access by renting a cabana Monday thru Thursday.
16) Watch the Blue Man Group at the Luxor
Leave your expectations at the door and let three bald and blue men take you on a spectacular journey bursting with music, laughter and surprises.
Nightly: 7pm & 9.30pm
17) Play golf at Bali Hai Golf Club
Fancy yourself as a golfer? Bali Hai Golf Club is the only championship golf course located right on the Las Vegas Strip. Immerse yourself in 7002 yards of tropical golf paradise!
18) Take a Helicopter Ride over the Strip
Enjoy the Strip from the sky with a Las Vegas helicopter tour! Day or night the views will be amazing.
19) Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay
Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay features dangerous and unusual aquatic animals from the world’s tropical waters. It takes visitors on a journey through an ancient temple slowly being claimed by the sea. It even has a Touch Pool, where you can get up close an personal with an ever-changing collection of animals including sharks, rays or horseshoe crabs.
Adults: $25 per person
Sunday – Thursday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
Summer Hours: May 24 – Sept. 1
10am – 10pm everyday
20) Tournament of Kings Dinner Show at Excalibur
Travel back to the Middle Ages and experience a celebration of Medieval proportions at Excalibur’s Tournament of Kings Dinner & Show. This dinner and show features jousting, dancing, singing and a feast fit for a king.
Wednesday – Monday: 6pm
Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday: 8:30pm
21) Take a selfie with a Pyramid, a Castle, the New York skyline and the Eiffel Tower
Stroll down the strip, soak up the sunshine and enjoy photo ops with all the quirky hotels.
22) Play the Sigma Derby at MGM Grand
Ok so technically this one is gambling, but only with quarters! Have hours of fun on this retro horse racing game at the MGM Grand. Gamblers sit around a glass enclosed counter watching the little plastic horses “race” their hearts out.
If you are in downtown Las Vegas there is also one of these machines at The D casino.
23) Visit the Flamingo Wildlife Habitat
Nestled on the Flamingo hotel’s lush 15-acre grounds, the habitat is filled with exotic birds, fish and turtles. A highlight is the Flamingo Island, home to a beautiful flock of Chilean flamingos. Did I mention its absolutely free!
Daily from dawn til dusk
24) Watch a Volcano Erupt at The Mirage
Ready to see a volcano erupt in the desert? Head out front of the mirage for this free nightly show.
Sun – Thurs: 8pm & 9pm
Fri & Sat: 8pm, 9pm & 10pm
25) Rub Shoulders with the Stars at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas
Take endless selfies with your favourite celebrities recreated in wax form!
Adults: $31.95 per person
Book online & save!
Sunday – Thursday: 10am – 8pm
Friday – Saturday 10am – 9pm
Pin it for later?
Want to hear more from me? Sign up to receive my emails now!